A. Part Checks:-
Part Checks are performed to ensure that generator parts and liquid reservoirs are prepared for a power outage. For regularly maintained generators, these checks are a relatively small expense. They consist of the following services-:
- Output voltage tests at the transfer switch to see if the generator functions properly.
- Transfer switch test to ensure switch functions properly.
- Testing the level, pressure, and condition of generator motor oil.
- Testing the level and condition of generator coolant.
- Testing generator cooling circuit temperature at various locations.
- Testing the function and temperature of the block heater.
- Testing the pump, belts, and other basic equipment.
- Testing Indicator lights on the generator and transfer switch.
- Testing Panel gauges on the generator and transfer switch.
- Testing the condition of the battery, battery cables and charger.
- Testing for fluid leaks.
- Fuel level test.